Friday, April 17, 2015

Critical Reflection Outline



Why/How did it happen? What / how did it happen? What factors contributed? How do you feel about it?
For tutor feedback, every reflection and assignment submitted, we will be given feedback by our tutor, Mr Brad Blackstone. I feel that these feedbacks are very effective for me. I will be more aware of the mistakes I have made so that next time, I will take note of it.
For peer feedback, I feel that it is not as effective as tutor feedback. Peer feedback is vague, not as clear as the tutor feedback. I think the main reason is because we do not have the knowledge on how to evaluate writing. In addition, since we are classmates and friends, we may feel uneasy to give our peers honest comments.
I feel that peer feedback can be further improve in giving “honest” yet respectful comments, this will be more constructive.

What is your new interpretation of the experience? What is the significance? What did you learn about yourself and others?
I am more aware of my common mistakes (eg. Subject verb agreement, parallel structures, use of modal to soften stance).
Peer Feedback gives me an opportunity to read a variety of essays and exposes me to the different perspectives and writing styles.

What will you do as a result of this experience? How will you use it to inform your future? Whether/how you might have transferred content, organization and language skills learned in the course to writing assignments within any other module.
The tutor feedback on my problem solution essay was especially useful as it will help me write better thesis statement and essays in the future. I will keep all my essay feedback as a reference. Whenever I have time, I will read it again to recall on the mistake I made. This will acts as a reminder not to make this kind of careless mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment