Saturday, March 7, 2015

An Influential Event



17 May 2014 is the day that I will never forget. I was driving along CTE expressway, rushing to meet my friends. The sky turned a little dark and started to rain a little. I was driving in the extreme right lane, the passing lane in Singapore. I started to drive a little faster as I was feeling a bit sleepy.

All of the sudden, I notice the car in front come to a complete stop. I was following his back closely. “Bang!” is the next sound I could recalled. My car has severely collided with the car in front of me. At that moment, I was dumbfounded. That was my first severe accident in the expressway. I then called my dad for help. He told me to take photo of the accident scene and keep quiet. My legs were trembling when I got out of my car. After getting out, I realised that it was a multiple collision, 4 cars was involved in that accident. Unfortunately, my car was the last one. (All the experience drivers should know why.) 

As the last car of a multiple collision, the driver are responsible for the damages of all the car in front. After spending countless of days going for court trial, I paid $30k of monetary damages in total. It was a painful lesson. After this accident, I never dare to tailgate the car front of me. I have become a safe driver; keeping a safe speed and safe distance.  

(249 Words)

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing! this ordeal must have been traumatizing. the event is well described, when i read it it almost feels like i was there in the car. Driving safely is definitely very important!

    yanjing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a little thrilling man! I totally agree with chandlerbing. And it is sure a costly lesson! But trust me, costly lessons have the most impact on us. Good to know that you have become a safe driver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a well told event. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete